Saturday, July 15, 2006

Back in a shirt and tie!

Started my new job today. I'm a Sales Assistant in Louis Feroud on Duke St. Its a menswear and suit shop so its a bit different from my last job in Waterford Crystal. Its a small enough store so it shouldn't be too hard to get to know the stock and stuff. Theres 5 other guys working there at different times and the pays pretty good so i'm happy. Theres a sale on at the minute so everythings a bit messy and out of place but i'm assured its much different normally.

Half way through work today I got a text from Amanda offering me a ticket to the Leinster GAA football final in Croke Park between Dublin and Offaly. My manager had just mentioned that he'd would've loved a ticket and I mentioned that i'd just been offered one. He told me that I should leave work early and go. So I did! It was great craic. We were on Hill 16 which is the standing section of the stadium. I was surrounded by Dublin fans and luckily I wore my blue t shirt or else I would've stood out like crazy!! It was scorching hot but we didn't care. It was hilarious. Some of the insults they were shouting were so funny. I learned what a B.I.F.F.O is. It stands for Big Ignorant F**ker From Offaly. Priceless. Dublin won in the end (thankfully) and the supporters ended the game by flooding the field. The funniest thing was when the supporters ran onto the field, the announcer started saying "Gardai and stuarts go to Plan B, I repeat, Plan B" and a big "Plan B" came up on the screen. It was so funny because there was thousands of fans on the pitch and only a handful of stuarts. I'd love to know what "Plan B" actually was.



So i'm back in Castleblayney now for a few days. I off work till Thursday so I decided to head back to the homestead. Have a few things to take care of while i'm here, like renting a tux for a wedding I have in 2 weeks time. Anyway till next time!!

No comments: