Friday, September 28, 2007

Little by little

Things are moving along nicely here. I got/chose my timetable and start lectures on Monday. My week goes something like this: Monday, German from 2 to 5; Tuesday, International Management from 10 to 1 and Corporate Finance from 2 to 5; Wednesday, International Marketing from 5 to 8.30; and finally Thursday, Innovation and New Technology from 10 to 1 and Cross Border Investments from 5 to 7. It looks ok on paper but it'll be interesting to see how it goes when i'm actually doing it!! Oh and I have Fridays off, just cause I felt I needed a day off!! Plus it makes travelling easier!!

In other news, i've added a few things to my room to make it a little more homely. I found some great posters in the gift shop at the Film Museum.









They've really made a difference and the room looks more inviting now that the plain white walls have a bit of colour on them. I've always had a thing for foreign movie posters, even if I already know the movie, it's just the language thing that appeals to me. Like the Amelie poster, (the one with the girl in the bed). I have no idea what language that is or what it says (apart from Amelie of course) but it just looks great. They'll definitely be coming home with me when I leave.

The weather has taken a turn. We had a nice week, mild and sunny, but the rain has arrived and the whole place becomes a bit depressing. A grey sky and housing blocks don't really go well together. But it's all part of the experience and it's nice to see Berlin as it really is, without the make up, if you get my drift!?!?

No comments: