Saturday, September 08, 2007

Just don't do it again!!!

Were you watchin the rugby last night??? Definitely one of the best games i've seen in a while. France didn't have a clue what was goin on!!! At first I thought it was just the first game jitters and it being their home ground and all that but as the game went on I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! After watching the French team steal our victory in Croke Park back in February, I thought they'd beat Argentina, not easily but definetely beat them. That wasn't the case last night. They lacked confidence, structure and the skill they usually show. They did have some good moments, especially in some of the scrums. The one point that I thought said it all was when they subbed their own captain towards the end of the game. Not a good sign!!


Now as long as Argentina don't do it again with Ireland we'll be laughing!! That'll leave us in a better position to secure aplce in the finals!! I entered a team in the Loreal Men Fantasy Rugby and one of my players is Mario Ledesma who played a cracker yesterday but DIDN'T SCORE!!!! He better next time or he could find himself in the transfer bin!! After last nights performance I got three points for Ledesma playing a full game but after today's matches that should hopefully go up a bit.

Also to remind you to visit the excellent Irish Rugby World Cup Blog, The Fear of God, to keep up to date with everything thats happening.

No comments: