Friday, September 21, 2007

Some technicäl difficulties!!

I'm still having troble getting wireless in my room but i'm still hopeful. Me and a few other Mac users who also can't get access, went to the IT place, cornered one unfortunate IT guy and made him swear that they'd do something about it. We even convienced one of the girls to cry which added some much needed drama to the occasion!! He said he'd let us know on Monday so fingers crossed. God help him if he doesn't!!!

I've been here about a week and a half now and i'm really settled. I moved the furniture around in my room and put up some posters and stuff. Since I can now use the computers in uni (it's not college anymore, it's uni!!!) I will be able to put up pictures and the like so you'll all get the guided tour soon. I also tried a 'Berliner' last night, which basically is a jelly doughnut with a bit of jam inside. Still really good though. While on a grocery trip yesterday I found one of the things I miss the most, KERRYGOLD BUTTER!!! And not the tub stuff, an actual block of Kerrygold Butter. It's not exactly the same as home but pretty damn close. Thats another thing to cross off the 'Things I miss from home'list.

The colege booked us all a tour bus yesterday as one of the welcome presents they gave us. It was really good as they glossed over everything and gives us the oppurtunity to explore it more on our own. At least now we know where we're going!! Next week they're taking us on a tour of the Government District and some art gallery that they highly recommend. Should be good.

And before I forget, and I nearly did, I passd my exams!!!! Yeay for me!! I'm still not sure what marks I got but i've been told I passed. There was a bit of a fiasco with the exams office in DIT that had to do with late fees and cheques but I won't get into that cause we'll be here for a while. So bar the internet, everything is set over here. oh and I learned the alphabet in German today and next week we get on to numbers!!! It's like pre school all over again!! Only instead of a woman called Cora, we have large German woman called Ingrid. Ya can't have everything!!!

1 comment:

Eva said...

congratulations! that's great news....and glad to see you're figuring out the sights so you can show them to us next month. I'm very excited about visiting!