Saturday, September 22, 2007

We begin our broadcast!!!

Well sort of. I finally got the wireless internet in uni to work so I can finally use my laptop the way it should!! Next step is getting it in my room in the dorms!! Then we'll be sorted!!!

So here we go with the pics and all the stuff I was talkin about. First things first, my accomodation.

Roughly speaking, this is the area where i'm living.



We're in an area called Biesdorf, which compared to other areas of Berlin, is rather sleepy. It a suburb of Berlin basically and is mainly residential with not a whole lot going on.

Moving on to the room itself!!


This is the view you have coming in the door. I just got the beanbag yesterday. €20 in the bargin bin at Kaisers Supermarket, for all your beanbag needs!!


This is where the sleepin happens.


This is the view out my window. It looks out over our gardens and thanks to some nicely placed trees, you cant see the great big housing blocks that you see everywhere in east Berlin.


Which brings us nicely onto my wardrobe and shelve thingy with the kitchen in the background near the door. The kitchen unfortunately doesn't have an oven. Just two gas rings and a sink, more or less. Its nothing fancy but it gets the job done!!


Last but not least, the bathroom. Slighty pokey but again it gets the job done.

The one annoying thing about the building itself is the corridors outside my room.

They're long, high and very very echoy!! The unusually large gap under my door doesn't help either but i'm slowly getting used to it.

Well thats a start anyway. Now that this is up and running i'll be able to post more often and keep you all up to date. I've added a link on the right hand side there to a page with all the pictures from my tour on Thursday. Have a look!!

No comments: