Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Greatest day....EVER!!!

I should say before I begin that if you don't have an interest in cars and the band 'The Hives' then you probably wont be as excited as I was.

It started like any other any other Wednesday. I had a meeting with a group i'm doing a presentation with at 10.30 and then I was off for the day. While on the bus tour with the parents last Sunday I seen a part of the city I hadn't explored yet so I thought i'd go and have a look. It was a nice part of town on the west side of the city and after a few mistakes on the train and 5 different train stations later, I eventually found the street I was looking for.

This is where things got interesting. Since it was a nice part of town, there were a lot of nice cars! There were a few Porches, Bentlys and the odd Mercedes for good measure. But then I heard a strange noise, something i'd never heard before. At first I thought it was the old dog sitting beside me waiting to cross the road, but then I realised it was one of these flying past me...



A Porsche Carrera GT!!! I'd only ever seen pictures and then there was one whissing past me. AND THE NOISE!!!! I had to sit down for a second and just try to figure out what just happened!!!

So after I regained consciousness, so to speak, I kept walking and came upon a Mercedes store. Then it happened all over again, except the noise. There was one of these in the window....



A Mercedes McClaren SLR Convertible!!!! Again, I have never seen one of these in the flesh, not to mention the convertible model!! So I stood there for a while and drooled and wished and hoped and imagined!! After being asked to leave for the 5th time I decided to maybe move on. What I hadn't noticed when I walked in was a car parked on the street that looked like this...



A Ferrari Hamann 612!! Now a normal Ferrari 612 would've been incredible, but one of these was just unbelievable!! Amazed that I could still walk at this stage, I 'staggered' down the street when all of a sudden I came across a BMW store. I think you can see where this is going!! There, in the window, was the brand new...





BMW M3!!! I didn't know there was a new one. And there it was!! The Mercedes store had obviously warned them about me and after the police were called I thought that it might be for the best if I went on my way!!

So after all that car stuff had finally calmed down and I was safely on a train home, I stopped off in a department store to pick up a present for someone who shall remain nameless in case they're reading this!!! As I got on an escalator to go to the next floor, I looked behind me and noticed that the guy behind me was very familiar. "He looks a lot like Pelle Almqvist, the lead singer from The Hives!", I thought to myself. And on a second inspection I realised it was!! And then I noticed his friend looked surprisingly like the guitarist from The Hives, which he was. But as usual when I see someone famous, I never have the guts to go up to them. Regardless it was a great way to end a great day.

No comments: