Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Still in one piece!

Well i made it to Alabama in one piece. All the flights went well and i'm not as tired as i thought i'd be. It was about 8 hours to Atlanta but it really flew (excuse the pun). Its sh1t hot over here. Today has an index of 105 degrees!!! Irish people were not designed for these sort of temperatures. I'm just chillin out this week and gettin to see the local area. Next week i'll be about an hour north in a summer camp called Sumatanga for another week. Then after that we'll be staying in Atlanta for the night of the 4th of July and a baseball game the day after.

I got the tour of the Birmingham City today, but typical me, i forgot the camera! Its a real business/commerical city and is pretty empty of people in the evening. Some of the architexture was amazing and I got to see the university that Jeris and her fiance went to. It was the kind of campus you see in the movies (red brick buildings, trees, frat houses, etc). One thing I wanted to see was the corporate America you always hear about so we've hit all the stores like Wall Mart, Target, Cosco etc. I got to meet the old lady who greets you at Wallmart. I bet she was called Doris or somethin!

I've been sampling some of the local cuisine. We went to a BBQ place on Monday evening after I arrived. I ordered this yoke, it was two HUGE baked potato covered in chicken, bacon, sour cream, butter and BBQ sauce. I just couldn't finsh it which was a shame cause it was SSOOOO good. I'd never seen potatoes so big!! It was like a small child! We went to a fast food place called Chick Fil A. They do like chicken fillet burgers and nuggets and stuff and really nice lattice fries. I', gonna be huge by the time i get back!!!

So its been really cool so far and i'm sure its only gonna get better! I'll do my best to bring my camera next time and i'll put up the pictures when i get home.

I'll post again in a few days. Later guys!

No comments: