Thursday, June 15, 2006

OH YEAH!!

OH YEAH!!! Got the results from my exams and as you can gather from the title, it was good news. I got an upper merit (between 60% and 70% average out of 8 subjects) which means i should get a place in the degree course! Oh the relief! So this also makes this blog worth while and relevant (thank god says you!).

Funny thing happened on Tuesday morning. I was waiting for the bus in Castleblayney when i got a call from Kate saying the results were in the post. Usually we get our results a few days after they're put up on the wall in college. but for some reason they were a day early. I started panicing a bit thinking that my results were waiting for me in my postbox in Dublin. So after a nail biting bus journey that seemed to take forever I made it to Dublin and LEGGED it across the city to the apartment. Guess what was waiting for me in my post box when I arrived all sweaty and out of breath?

NOTHING!!!!!

There was nothing there! Not a sausage! This threw me over the edge. All these thoughts started rushing through my head. Did I fail? Did they think I cheated? etc etc etc. So again i legged it into college only to find the exams office closed and no results on the wall either. By this stage I was just gettin pissed off. It was 2 o clock and the results weren't due on the wall till 4 but I was goin nowhere! I went and got the paper and a cup a tea and sat in the lobby and waited for them to put up the results. Luckily they put them up and hour early and everything was grand then.

I went to meet some friends after gettin the results for a couple of well earned pints after my "exciting" day. Guiness never tasted so good. Did a bit of shopping on Wednesday out in Dundrum. Nothing special really, just some stuff for the holliers.

Back in Monaghan for a few days but I have to start packing cause i'm headin to Alabama on Sunday. Time has flown by and it only seems like yesterday i was booking the flights. Got the hair chopped for the trip. Its still long but just shorter. Long long hair would just drive me insane in the heat.

I gonna go cause CSI is starting in 10 minutes and it should be a good one. I'll try my best to keep you posted during my travels and i'll have a mountain of photos to put up as well. So until then, good luck!

No comments: