Thursday, July 05, 2007

Update

I'm still waiting to hear about my interview with Abercrombie on Tuesday. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I turned up about 15 minutes early and stood around waiting to be called. I could see the other candidates waiting and got talking to a few. Just after 4, we were all met by a lady and asked to follow her. So we all followed her as she led us out of the shop and towards a public square in front of the store. None of us had any idea what was going on as we all expected the usual kind of interview at a desk. We sat down on some steps and the interview began. I was competely thrown as I had prepared myself for a one on one interview. So this went on for an hour or so with the usual questions "Why would you suit Abercrombie and Fitch?" and "What is your defintion of diversity and do you think it's important?". It was really annoying becuase when you answered, you had to listen to everyone elses answer and curse as you thought "I should've said that!!". So when it was all over I asked how many hours we would be working and was told that they could only offer us two five hour shifts a week for minimum wage, working out around $70 a week, before tax. I haven't heard back from them yet and i'm still not sure if i'll take it if offered. I'll wait and see. I've applied to a few other places but by the time I get interviews and induction days it'll be the middle or late July. All the quick fix jobs have mostly been taken.

At the minute i'm toying with the idea of coming home early. I have to repeat exams in September and most of the people in the apartment are leaving at the start of August for different reasons. It hasn't really worked out the way any of us thought it would. It'd be nice to have a few weeks at home before I head onto Berlin, instead of the rushed plan I have at the minute where i'll have about 2 weeks to repeat exams, repack and leave again.

I'll have to think it through a bit more but i'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the interview. I hope you get something soon, even if it's airplane food! Keep chipping away, don't come home just yet as nothing has happened back there and enjoy the free time and the sun and surf!