Friday, July 13, 2007

Tijuana

I went to Tijuana in Mexico last night for a night out. By night out I mean get over the border and straight into a taxi to the club, stay for the night and get a taxi back to the border. I didn't linger too long outside because its not the safest place to be. Wednesday night is Irish night in a club called Safari(*might want to turn your speakers down if you click that link!!*) where you pay $15 in and your drink is free for the night (a students dream!!). The place is an absolute dive but you dont really mind when you're been given free drink. We arrived around midnight and left around 6 and made it back to the apartment around half 7. The trolley/tram goes all the way to the border so its cheap and easy to get to. It was just like a night out at home to the point where I actually bumped into people I knew from home that i didn't realise were in San Diego.

I had my worries about going because you hear the stories and the even one of the guys in the apartment got a bad viral infection and was bed ridden for a few days after his first visit. You also need your passport and visa documents to get back in to the US so there's the hassle and worry of that as well. But it was defintiely worth the trip and its something i'm not gonna forget too quick.

In other news, I called USIT (my travel agent) to change my flights to ome home early and was told that all the flights in August were taken so I booked mine for the 25th of July, just under a fortnight from today. I know thats a bit early, considering that my original flights had me home on the 2nd of Septmeber but with going to Berlin in September and having to repeat exams its the safest thing to do. Because of that I've decided not to look for a job as by the time I get it I'll be going home so its just a waste of time. I've done pretty much everything I want to do over here and I still have the two weeks to do whatever else I have to do.

Other than that its been pretty quiet over here. Still have to go to Seaworld etc but i'll get round to that tomorrow hopefully. I'm gonna run and get some food so i'll post again soon.

No comments: