Thursday, August 30, 2007

Any volunteers???

I actually thought this was a joke when I first seen it but apparantly they're legit!!


The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement is, and I quote, "a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced by people who care about life on planet Earth. We're not just a bunch of misanthropes and anti-social, Malthusian misfits, taking morbid delight whenever disaster strikes humans. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Voluntary human extinction is the humanitarian alternative to human disasters." Don't they sound lovely.

Their site is unbelievable! They cover such topics as "Is parenthood bad for Earths Ecology?", "Who will pay for our Social Security when we're old?" and my personal favourite, "Didn't Hitler have the same ideas?".

They remind me of "The Judean Peoples Front" or "The People Front of Judea" from Monty Python!! I bet their leader is called Reg as well!!!

No comments: