Monday, June 11, 2007

Lots and lots of water!!!

Yesterday, we went to a water park in Atlanta called White Water. Last year we went to a smaller one somewhere in Alabama but I was assured that this one was much, much bigger. And it was. We got there just after it opened so it was quiet enough at first but filled up pretty quickly. We did all the usual tube thingys but the highlight of the day had to be, THE TORNADO!!!! The Tornado is basically a six storey high funnel, lying on its side, like so:


So basically you're in an inflatible tube thing that hold either 2 or 4 people and you enter the funnel thing at quite a high speed from the left and slide up the other side.



Then you go back and forth, back and forth until you get to the thinest part of the funel where you're spat out into a pool. You dont actually realise how steep the drop into the funnel is until you are right up on it. Its all rather fun!! That description doesn't really do it justice. Lets just say I couldn't talk sense for quite some time!!. There was lots of "Did ya see...." and "That was....." and "I nearly wet.....". You get the idea!


So anyway, i'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow!!! Can't believe its that time already!! I think 6 of us are there already so hopefully they'll have found furniture of some description. i found a shopping mall nearby to where we live and i've emailed my cv etc to them so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of that. I'm not really fussy what I do just as long as I find something.

gotta run.

No comments: