Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Final Countdown...

So its all starting to wind up, bit by bit. I've finished lectures FOREVER, and one by one knocking projects and reports off the list. As of this evening I have one project left to finish and by Thursday they'll all be handed up, my final presentation will be made and my time in Group C2 will come to an end. All thats left are five final exams, starting Wednesday week (the 18th of March) and a 20,000 word dissertation by 30th of May. So even though I feel like i'm finishing, i'm actually still miles off!! But it still feels good.

Remember that feeling you used to get in school when the last day of term was only a few days away and the summer was about to begin. Well its like that, only its March and cold. We even had a 'Primary School' stlye party in one of our final lectures where everyone brought in buns and sweets and we just stuffed our faces full of crap at 9 in the morning. Great way to start the day!!

Its weird to think that its all starting to come to an end. Even that phrase, 'starting to come to an end', is weird. I've been five years in college and I always thought i'd be here forever because final year seemed so far away, yet here we are!! Even though I do have two and a half months left of collge, this is kind of the end. The day to day stuff like lectures and group work are all finished and now were on our own, to finish our own work. We're left to our own devices from now on.

The thing thats freaking me out most though, is that there's nothing in September. For as long as I can rememeber there's always been something in September to go back to, whether its school or college. But now, there's nothing. Its like a big, crazy, open ended story that wont start till June. Its scary, but a good kind of scary. I've gotten hours worth of day dreaming out of this one. 'Where will I be this time next year?' etc etc. Its all to play for I suppose but its a shame things aren't better on the job front. I'm eager to get working and make some money. I know everyone says there's plenty of time for work but i've been in college long enough and there's money to be made. SO if anyone knows someone looking for a Marketing graduate with stunning good looks and razor sharp wit, let me know cause I know some!!

But anyway, I better get back to it. This data isn't going to analyse itself!!

No comments: