Friday, May 09, 2008

General update...

Its been quite a while since I posted anything so I thought it best to give a little update. I've finally finished all my assignments for college, 6 in all. It was tough at times but now I have my exams to concentrate on so there's not much time to dwell on it. They're starting on Monday and i have 6 of them as well. Plenty to keep me busy!!

Since I last posted i've also started driving!! I found myself a nice car and applied for my driving test so its all go. I drove to Dublin for the first time about two weeks ago which was a great buzz. Its nice being able to leave when I want and never have to go to smelly Busarus anymore!!!

I booked flights back to Berlin to visit some friends who are still over there. I'm going for a week, the one after my exams, and i can't wait!! its gonna be great!!! I'm also bringing some friends over with me to see what is all about so it'll be a mad one as well. I was there for nearly six months and only now do they think of coming over!!! Typical!!!

There was some good news in the headlines today. Diageo, the parent company of Guinness, has decided not to close the St. James Brewery in Dublin!! I was getting a wee bit worried when I heard they were seriously considering closing it as its an integral part of the city, well it is to me anyway. I always love the smell you get every now and again during the brewing. Plus it would ruin the reputation of Guinness if people saw it moved to a brand spanking new, lifeless brewery in a suburb somewhere. The image of it being made where it has been for the past 249 years in the centre of Dublin is something unique to Guinness and Dublin and gives the city that something extra that others don't.







But there is some bad news. They've decided to close the breweries in Dundalk and Kilkenny and consolidate the production in a soon to be built brewery outside Dublin. However, the money they get for the sale of the two sites, is going to be pumped back into St. James Gate, around €600 million altogether. Not too shabby!!

Other than that, i'm all quiet. Just working away on the exams and dreaming of Berlin. I'll post more now that my college year is quieting down so watch this space!!!

No comments: