Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm back!!!

It has been way too long since i've posted something but i thought i'd take some time off over Christmas from the blog. But now i'm back so you can call off the search!!

Got back into Berlin on Sunday afternoon after a bumpy flight from Dublin. We were greeted with the usual freezing temperature and the remnants of a heavy snowfall (i'm never there when it snows!!!). I wasn't particularly excited about returning because I was quite comfortable at home. Clean house, good food, a fridge that magically refilled itself (how does it do that!?!?!) and the usual creature comforts. But when I got back I remembered what I like about it and it wasn't so bad. Plus i'm only here for another month so i'm going to enjoy myself as much as possible and make the most of it.

Christmas went really good. It was nice to be home for more than a weekend so I could get settled. The spread of food was incredible as usual (thanks Mum) and I was glad to see the return of these little Ham and Cheese rolls she used to make years ago. They're small pieces of ham and ementhal cheese wrapped in filo pastry (could be puffed pastry, cant remember) and they're REALLY addictive. Because there was only three of us this year, we had Beef Wellington instead of turkey or goose. That went down a treat christmas day!!

Santa was good tome this year. some nice clothes, books, movies etc. But the highlight of the presents had to be my brand new Spongebob Squarepants Parafoil Kite It has to be one of the coolest things i've ever seen. Its a full sized Spongebob, and he's actually square, not flat like a usual kite!!! His hands and legs stick out and there's a long ribbon type thing coming out the bottom of him. And as you can see to the right he has his usual demented smile on his face!! I haven't tried him out yet but I will when I get back!! That was definitely the most interesting present I got, or ever got I think!!!

Christmas was pretty quiet overall. Just the way I hoped it would be!!! Got to see everyone I wanted to see and do everything I wanted to do so I was happy. As I said before I only have one month left in Berlin which is mostly for exams. My first is on the 24th of January and they go one till the 8th of February. I've 5 altogether so i'll be busy.

Thats about it for the minute. I leave you with a great live session with Van Morrison.

No comments: