Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 2

Today has been interesting so far. Last night we went on a cruise around the harbour area on this big yacht. They served dinner and had a band and stuff. We were sitting at the dock for ages while we waited for some late passengers and they served us our starters. By the time our main course was coming we were leaving the dock and heading out to sea (or lake in this case). Thats when it all went pear shaped. The boat started going back and forth, back and forth and all of a sudden, Andrew didn't feel so good. To cut a long story short I spent the next three hours outside because if I sat down something terrible would've happened. I tried to eat the food but even the smell of it didn't help. Despite all that it turned out to a fairly good night. It was great craic and there was an incredible fireworks display around 10 over the water. By the time we got back to the dock I wasn't feeling too bad and we walked back to the hotel.

The amazing thing was even when I got up this morning I still felt really woozy and dizzy. I still am! I went to the Museum of Comtempory Art this morning which is just around the corner from the hotel. It was really cool, although when I stopped to look at a painting, it was always "Is it just me or is that picture moving?". It was me most of the time. There was great exhibits using lights and mirrors. My favourite was 36 oil barrels filled with water with 4 flat screen TVs hanging over them so the picture was reflected by the water. V cool! The other one I really liked was like a story this guy wrote about an insomniac who believed Chicago was being infiltrated by pirates! He had it all illustrated and numerous storylines going on at the sme time. Its kinda hard to explain it properly but thats the basics of it anyway.

Got some lunch after that and headed for the beach to watch the air and water show again. I only got to see some of it yesterday so I caught the rest of it today. They had all the stealth bombers and jets. It was really cool! So i'm just chillin now. Theres a reception thing I have to go to at half 6 and then we'll had out for dinner. Thats about the height of it. Headin to the King Tut exhibition tomorrow. Cant wait.

Lata

1 comment:

Barry said...

You big woman,

Try sailing for fourteen hours from the Orkneys to Scotland and tell me how you feel then! You were just pootling out into lake Michigan for dinner and you still felt sea sick! No more slagging from you!